Woven ribbon hearts are easy to make and look gorgeous as hair bow
centers. After making a Bowdabra
Hair Bow hot glue a ribbon heart to the center of the bow to hide the Bowdabra
wire and give the hair bow a finished glam look!
Or make several ribbon hearts to add to Valentine cards,
scrapbooking layouts, or party favors.
Materials Needed for One Woven Heart:
- 2 strips of 3/8″ grosgrain 3.5″ long
- 2 strips of 3/8″ grosgrain 2.5″ long
- hot glue
- clear nail polish or lighter for sealing ribbon
1. Cut 2 strips of 3/8″ grosgrain ribbon 3.5″ long. Seal
the ends of the ribbon with clear nail polish or use a lighter.
Hot glue the ribbon together to form a point. Place the ribbon on
the right on top of the left (according to picture below).
2. Next, cut 2 strips of 3/8″ grosgrain 2.5″ long. Hot glue
the left ribbon and then the right ribbon at the point all on top of
3. Fold the top left ribbon to form a loop and hot glue it in place
on the right side. Fold the right top ribbon to weave it under
and hot glue it in place to the top left ribbon.
4. Next, fold the right bottom ribbon and create a loop. Weave
it through the left loop and hot glue it in place.
5. Lastly fold the left loop, weave it under the big loop, over the
first ribbon in small loop, and then through the small loop. Hot glue
the ribbon in place on the back.
6. Your woven ribbon heart is complete.
7. Make several ribbon woven hearts to add to hair bows, cardmaking,
scrapbooking, and party favors. Ribbon hearts are perfect for
Valentine’s Day craft projects.
8. Possible use.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 17 May, 2013.