How to make rainbow ribbon dragonfly hair bow clips
We posted the free dragonfly hair bow clip tutorial before. Here is the link: Dragonfly Hair Clip Instructions. You have to register (free) to view the instructions.
This tutorial use the same folding method but with different ribbon. Here's the finished clip.
1. We are using lion brand ribbon yarn:
2. In original tutorial, the ribbon used is 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. Here is the measurement. The lion brand ribbon yarn is 3/8" in width. So the length of the ribbon is changed to 7"+6.5". Follow the step 1 to 10 in original instructions to make the wings.
3. The ribbon yarn is to soft to hold the shape. So we need to spray Fabric Stiffener and let dry. Attach the body and clip. Done!
To make a more "stable" dragon fly", we can use double layer ribbon yarn.
1. Use 1/4" Pleonastic double sided tape, peel one backing of the tape, stick it to the back of the ribbon yarn.
2. Peel the other backing, stick on another layer of ribbon yarn. Here is the thick, double layer yarn.
4. Use double layer yarn for body too.
5. Cut one end as antenna. Double sided tape on the other end.
6. Body done.
7. Attach body (see original instructions for detail).
8. Top view. No fabric stiffener needed. Hold the shape by itself.
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 08 January, 2011.