hip girl boutique free tutorial--grosgrain ribbon daisy instructions
In this tutorial, we'll show you how to use Knifty Knitter to make grosgrain ribbon daisy flowers as shown in the picture below. This is the 3rd flower I made. Took me 5 minutes.
1. We are using 3/8" grosgrain ribbon (about 3 yards) instead of raffia.
2. Wrap around peg #12 and #6.
3. Wrap around Peg #5 and #11.
4. Continue wrapping the next pair of pegs until back to #12 and #6. Then continue with 2nd row.
5. After you are finished with the 2nd row, the tail of the ribbon should be lined up with the holding peg on the outside of the loom. Thread the ribbon onto the blue yarn needle. Sew down between pegs #12 and 1. Then sew up between pegs #6 and #7.
6. Sew down between pegs #5 and #6, pull the ribbon tightly to shape the center of the ribbon daisy, which should measure about 1"-1 1/4" wide. Then sew up between pegs 11 and 12, and so on, pulling the ribbon gently each time to maintain the center's shape.
7. Back view. Tie both ribbon ends together. Leave enough ribbon so we can attach the flower on lined clips or hats.
8. Remove all the pegs. Here is what we got.
As decor on 100% cotton crochet hats.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 17 January, 2011.