fabric kanzashi flower tutorial
Let's make this beautiful Kanzashi fabric flower.
What we need:
* 7pc fabric squares.
* Needle and thread
* Fabric covered button
* Alligator clips
* Fabric stiffener
1. We use 3.5" squares in this tutorial, you can use larger or smaller one to make different size flowers. The larger size is easier for the beginner. 1 petal each square. A flower can be 5, 6, 7 or 8 petals. So if you have 1 yard 44-45" fabric and cut to 3" squares, you can make 24 flowers.
2. Fold the square in half diagonally - right side of the fabric out. Press the fold seam with finger or iron.
3. Fold the right hand corner up to meet the top corner. Press the fold with finger.
4. Same with the left hand corner. Press the fold with fingers.
5. Now fold the left corner back to meet the center. Press the fold with fingures.
6. Repeat with the right corner. Press the fold with fingers.
7. Back view. The two corners should meet the center but not overlap.
8. From position in step 7, fold the whole piece in half, toward you, with 2 corners inside the fold. This is the back side of the petal.
9. Flip the petal over, this is the front side looks like.
10. Use an alligator clip to hold the petal in shape until ready to assemble.
11. Repeat step 2-10 to get all petals.
12. Trim the base (raw edges) as shown.
To Be Continued.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 12 May, 2011.