hip girl boutique free tutorials-kansashi flowers
Continued from Part II.
Assemble method I--Less sewing.
23. Poke the needle through the petal (about 1/8" away from the raw edge). No need to remove the alligator clips. It'll help prevent the petal from unfolding.
24. Pull thread through, leaving a tail--Don't pull all the way to the end.
25. Make sure all the petals are facing the same way. Remove the alligator clips.
26.Tie the ends of the thread in a surgeon knot.
27. Surgeon knot: a) 1st a simple knot.
b) pass through the loop a second time-->surgeon's knot.
28. Tighten the thread ends, the petals will form a circle. Adjust the shape if needed. Then make knot again. Cut the thread.
29. Open the petals.
30. Back view. We need to secure those triangles from unfolding.
31. Cut a circle (large enough to cover the raw edge of the fabric).
32. Glue this piece of the fabric on back.
33. Glue button on top. Done!
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 16 May, 2011.