This tutorial is created by our Ribbon n Bows Support Forum member Luna8715. Visit Luna8715's facebook page here.
3/8 grosgrain ribbon
needle and thread
lined alligator clip
1. Cut 6 stripes of ribbon of each color in the following length; 4”,3”,2” . This would make one butterfly.
2. Put your needle thru the end of the 4” ribbon, then thru the 3” ribbon and finally the 2”ribbon. Once you have all three stacked up you will put the other end of the ribbon thru the needle. First the shortest one, then the middle one and finally the longest.
3. Repeat the process with the two remain colors
4. Once you have done all three tied them together and repeat the process again to make the other half of the butterfly. Take a 3” ribbon and put a little dab of hot glue.
5. Wrap the ribbon around the “wings” to make a bodice and place it over the alligator clip. The remain ribbon can be cut to make the antennas. Click to see How to make antenna in 10 seconds.
6. Finally attach the finish butterfly to the alligator and you are done.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 24 October, 2011.