hip girl boutique free tutorials--how to make a duct tape or fabric pinwheel bow.
We posted Duct Tape Bow Tie Bow instructions last week. Just stick 2 pieces of duct tape together then fold into a bow tie. What if we want to make a large pinwheel bow which requires more than 20" of the tape? It's impossible to stick 2 pieces of the 20" tape together perfectly.
This tutorial shows how to make a large duct tape bow and how to make a fabric bow--kill two brids with one stone.
1. Stick duct tape on the wrong side of fabric. We need 27" tape to make a large bow.
2. Now use rotary cutter to cut the fabric so we get the RIBBON we need--one side is duct tape, the other side is fabric. No need to warrry about frayed fabric. The tape does the trick. To lower the cost, use solid duct tape as backing for fabric bow and use solid fabric as backing for duct tape bow.
3. Now just follow the pinwheel bow tutorial. Fold the stripe as shown and crease the bow center. This special ribbon is stiff, can hold the shape itself.
4. Here is the fabric bow we got.
5. Repeat step 1 and step 2, we got another piece of "ribbon".
6. Here is the Hello Kitty duct tape bow!
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 24 January, 2012.