sizzix big shot cut felt
Feltie appliques and hair clips are so popular now. How to make those cutie felties? The answer is to die cut felt.
What we need. Sizzix Big Shot Cutting Machine; Wool Blended Felt fabric; Sizzix Dies;
1. In figure below, 3) is multipurpose platform; 1) is TAB 1 on platform; 2) is one of the cutting pads..
To cut felt, first we put cutting pad on TAB1, as below.
2. Put dies on cutting pad, foam side up.
3. A piece of felt (4"x9" piece was used here) on top of dies.
4. Then put a piece of paper on top. I just found a flier from the recycle bin. The thickness of this paper is like the construction paper.
5. The other cutting pad -- #4 in picture.
Top the other cutting pad to finish the "sandwich".
6. Follow the big shot instruction, pass the platform through the big shot machine. Here's what we got.
7. Mix n match petals, here are several possible styles can be made.
7. More possibilities to mix n match several sets with different colors.
Some dies are desiged to cut fabric/felt and some are not. Click here to see our next article explains the little trick to use different dies to cut felt fabric.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 24 May, 2012.