bowdabra tutorial--large boutique bows
Learn how to maker large boutique bows using Bowdabra bow maker.
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini
Bowdabra. Cut 18" of Bowdabra Bow
wire fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Next, cut 22" of 7/8" grosgrain ribbon. Dovetail the ends and
seal with either a lighter or clear nail polish to keep the ribbon from
3. Next, follow the instructions on the interactive Hair Bow Making
CD (which is included in Bowdabra
Hair Bow Making Kit) to create a 4" boutique bow with
4. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
5. Next, cut several 3/8" ribbon sprays 5" long. Dovetail and seal
the ends and then place them into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Next, create another 4" boutique bow with tails. Use the
interactive CD to design the bow. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra
7. Cut 14" of 7/8" wide grosgrain
ribbon. Follow the interactive CD for creating a 3" wide
Boutique Bow. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose
ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the
Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate
the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to
the back of the bow and knot.
10. Line a double prong alligator clip with 3/8"
11. Using the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the alligator clip to
the back of bow. Trim away excess wire.
12. Turn the bow around and fluff it.
13. Hot glue the patchwork center to the hair bow. Your hair bow is
complete. To view the woven ribbon patchwork tutorial click here.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 21 August, 2012.