Use bowdabra bow maker
make this funky loopy bow.
1. Begin with several strands of spring colored ribbon. To make
korker ribbon, wrap ribbon around wooden dowels and bake for 20minutes
at 275 degrees. To
learn more about korker ribbon click here for tutorials.
2. Next, remove the center spring-backing of the french clip. Cut
18" of Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the ribbon to the clip. Cut 4 strands
of 21" long ribbon and dovetail the ends. Attach the ribbon to the clip
by tying with Bowdabra Bow Wire.
3. Measure 4" of ribbon, pinch it and tie it to the clip using the
Bowdabra Bow Wire.
4. Continue adding loops every 4" inches.
5. Add a total of 4 loops with dovetails at each end. Trim away
6. Separate the loops and move them in opposite directions to create
a full bow.
7. Make 3 spikey bows that will fit inside of the loops. To
first bow place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra.
Cut 18" of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the
8. Cut two 6" strands of tulle, four 4" dovetailed ribbon, and three
korker ribbon. Place them into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still
in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra
Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
10. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the
Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring
them around to the back of the bow and knot.
12. Tie the bow to the french clip in between the loops. Trim away
13. Continue making two more spikey bows. Tie the bows to the french
clip using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Trim away excess wire.
14. Optional: Trim tulle to make a rounded style bow. Insert center
back into the french clip. Your Funky Loopy Spring Bow is complete.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 29 August, 2012.