1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra.
Cut a piece of Bowdabra Bow
Wire 18″ long, fold it in half and place it into the Mini
2. Gather the materials that you will need for this project. Cut two
ribbon strands 17.5cms long. Seal the ends with clear nail polish to
keep the ribbon from fraying. Each bow tie will be attached to a clip
on earring. I am reversing the earrings and putting the foam side
inside of the shoe. If your earring has an adhesive foam, cover it will
soft felt. Lastly, choose buttons to coordinate with your ribbon and
shoes. The buttons are used to hide the wire.
3. To make the bow tie place the end of the ribbon into the Mini
4. Next, place the other end of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
You will have a large loop that is formed over the Mini Bowdabra towers.
5. Pinch the ribbon to form a crease and press it into the Mini
Bowdabra. Slide the ribbon until each loop is at the 3cm mark.
6. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra bow.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose
ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two
loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back
of the bow and knot.
10. Turn the bow over and fluff.
11. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach your button and then bring
the Bowdabra Bow Wire back around and knot it again.
12. Attach the Bowdabra Wire to the clip on earrings. I chose to
attach the clip backwards because I felt like the little foam was more
comfortable in my shoes and the wire attached easily to the clip on
earrings hardware. I also love that no hot glue was needed so that I
don’t have to worry about the bow coming unglued and following off.
Trim away excess wire.
Clip the bow tie to your favorite pair of dress shoes.
14. Use the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler to make an
exact matching bow for the other shoe.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 12 September, 2012.