rosette hair bow tutorial
1. Begin with 20″ of yellow, orange, white ruffled ribbon.
2. To create the rosettes: (1.) Fold the ribbon in half to create a
tail. (2.) Fold the ribbon down for a point. (3.) At the point begin to
fold and twist the ribbon – keep the ribbon folded. (4.) Continue fold
the rosette. Keep the ribbon held tightly at the bottom. (5.) When you
reach the end of the ribbon hot glue it to the underneath of the
rosette. (6.) Trim away the tail, leaving a small piece to hot glue to
the bottom of the flower.
3. Create a yellow and white ruffled ribbon rosette, as well.
4. Cut black sparkle tulle to cover the white oval plastic barrette
cover. Hot glue the tulle onto the barrette cover.
5. To create the boutique bows: Place the Hair Bow
Tool & Ruler
onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and
fold it in
half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Follow the Interactive Hair Bow Making CD (comes with Hair Bow Tool & Ruler) for making a 4″ wide
Boutique Bow with tails.
7. Cut 7/8″ orange grosgrain 6″ long with dovetails. Place it into
the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Cut strips of black sparkle tulle and place them into the Mini
Bowdabra. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. Follow the instructions on the Interactive Hair Bow Making CD
(comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler) for making a 3″ wide
Boutique Bow. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra.
10. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two
loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two
loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back
of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely
against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
Fluff the bow.
12. Tie pieces of thin fiber ribbon onto the center of the bow.
13. Hot glue the white ruffled ribbon rosette onto the front of the
Over the Top Halloween Boutique Bow. Trim away excess Bowdabra Bow Wire.
14. Hot glue the yellow and orange rosettes on the oval barrette.
15. Hot glue the boutique bows onto the clip.
16. The Over the Top Halloween Boutique Bow with Ruffled Ribbon
Rosettes is complete.
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 30 September, 2012.