Here is another fun and easy project to create with your daughter,
granddaughter, niece or cousin. When I was growing up, I used to make
these fun spiky hair bows out of fabric. I used the same concept but
used ribbon instead. These are perfect for any holiday. I believe I had
one for each holiday starting with Valentineâ€™s Day.
1. Gather all of the materials you will need for this project.
2. Cut about 40 5â€ pieces of ribbon. I used a variety of colors and
types of ribbon including sheer, satin and Picot.
3. Fold a piece of ribbon upwards.
4. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon pieces. I didnâ€™t dovetail all of
the pieces but a few to add a fun look.
5. Organize your ribbon pieces in the order you want to tie onto the
rubber band. Heat seal all ribbon ends. Click here
to see how to seal ribbon ends. Click Here
to see how to seal ribbon ends using cutting edge ruler.
6. Next, tie the first piece of ribbon onto the ponyo.
7. Continue tying the pieces tightly onto the ponyo.
8. If you donâ€™t like the order, move one piece aside and tie the
preferred piece on. Easy fix!
9. Make sure there are no spaces on your bow. 40 pieces of ribbon
should be enough but it will depend on the type of rubber band you buy.
10. Your hair bow is ready to wear. These bows are perfect around
buns or ponytails. And remember, you could make one for each holiday,
ballet recital, concert, etc etc.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 02 July, 2013.