Try this padded fabric bow-tie bow, one way to accessorize your winter
wardrobe. As always, we prefer no-sew technique.
1. We decided to use jewelry box
(made of polyester material) to pad the bow
since we have so many leftovers from packing the hairbow sets. In this
example, we use 5 1/4" x 3 3/4". Cut the fabric about 1.5" larger
than the cotton insert.
2. Fold the fabric with the cotton pad.
3. Back view. Fabri-tac glue
or double sided
can be used to secure the fabric so it won't loose the
shape next step.
4. Top view.
5. Follow the steps 5-8 in our tutorial How to Make
Fabric Bow Tie Bows
to fold the padded piece into a bow tie
bow. Then use bowdabra wire
or 1/8" ribbon (other thread might break) to wrap the bow center really
realy tight and make double knot.
6. To cover the wire, we use a piece of fabric, fold the fray side
7. To attach the clip on the bow, follow the steps in How to Attach
Clip on a Bow
8. Try different sizes. Have fun :)
Do you like this tutorial? Have questions? Click the "Reviews" or
"Write a Reviews" button on left panel to comment or ask questions.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 November, 2013.