No Sew Tutu using Crochet Elastic headbnd or Ribbon
The idea was posted on rachaelrabbit's blog. Click here for original post.
1. What we need:
elastic headband or ribbon
2. Cut the tulle. You need to cut your strips twice as long as you want your tutu to
be. Wrapped tulle on the cutting board, then cut one side to make
strips for the tutu.
3. Tie your knots into the elastic. Wrap
the elastic band around something big (like a sofa cushion)
start knotting, then started to tie knots into the second row of
the crocheted elastic. Use one strip of tulle for
4. Continue tying knots until you have completed the first round. Start
tying knots for your2nd round - each knot will sit
between the knots on the row below. The 2 rounds of
knotted tulle yields better results that just one
round . Then separate the strips and tulle and fuss with the tulle
- the fluffier your tutu will be.
5. Once the tutu was finished then braided the join with satin ribbon and
tied a bow.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 19 May, 2016.