Scrap Fabric Wreath Tutorial with Bowdabra Bow
Using the Bowdabra Hair Bow Making Kit
- Floral Twin Bed Sheet (printed on both sides)
- Wire Wreath Form
- Quilting Mat (optional)
- Rotary Cutter (optional)
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Poly Satin 1 3/8″ wide Tan Ribbon
- Poly Satin 7/8″ wide Mauve Ribbon
- Poly Satin 1″ wide Green Ribbon
- Silk Flowers
1. Begin with a twin bed-sheet and wire wreath form. I used the entire twin bed-sheet to make the wreath (it was amazing that I had exactly the right amount of fabric).
2. Using a quilting mat and rotary cutter I cut the bed-sheet into 3″ x 7″ strips.
3. Tie each strip of fabric onto the wreath. I just tied the fabric once and I placed strips of fabric on each rung of the wreath.
4. Continue tying strips of fabric onto the wreath.
5. Cover the entire wreath form with fabric.
6. Use the Bowdabra to make a bow for your scrap fabric wreath. Gather all the materials you will need.
7. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold the wire in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
8. Cut tails for the bow and place the ribbon into the Bowdabra.
9. To make your first loop press the ribbon end into the Bowdabra.
10. Fold and press the ribbon to make your first loop.
11. Continue making loops, until you have as many as you like.
12. Cut some ribbon sprays. Add a decorative cut to the end – fold the ribbon, fold it again, and cut at an angle.
13. Finish with additional loops. (Add silk flower in Bowdabra or tie it on at the end.)
14. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Bow Wand.
15. Thread the two Bowdabra Bow Wire pieces through the loop. Pull the wire tightly.
16. Remove the bow and bring the wire around to the back of the bow and tie it tightly.
17. Fluff the bow and tie the silk flower to the center of the bow.
18. Use the remaining wire to tie the bow to the wreath.
19. Your scrap fabric wreath with Bowdabra bow is ready to be showcased! Hard to believe that it cost so little to make!
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 02 June, 2016.