How to make light box/light tent
**The only edit on the pictures in this article is crop**
What you need to make a light box: a box, white tissue paper, poster board
1. Follow the steps in this instruction to make a light box DIY $2 Macro Photo Studio
2. This is what I made. I didn't put white tissue paper on top because my basement lights have cover diffuses the light already.
3. Now do a test. The object is on table tennis table. Flash is used. The background is the white wall. This is out 'before' image.
4. Here are gadgets. Light box, tripod, 2 side lights with daylight bulb (click here).
5. Only flash and room lights provide the lighting.
6. Same picture as #5. Cropped
7. 2 side lights and room lights provide the lighting. No flash.
8. Side lights on objects directly, not difused by the white tissue paper.
9. Direct light on objects. The color is a too bright. Both green and red should be darker.
10. Ribbon. Same lighting as in #7. Side light difused.
11. Ribbon. Same lighting as in #8,9. Direct light.
Conclusion: This is the best setting: 2 side lights and room lights provide the lighting. No flash.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 30 January, 2008.