Hip Girl Boutique free instructions--How to make korker bows
There are several ways to make korker bows. Sew korkers together, glue korkers together or use a korker box to tie korkers together. Below is how we made a simple korker box and a korker bow.
1. We took a storage bin from uline to make the korker box. The size is 2"x9"x4.5". We tried different size boxes as korker box but this size is the best. 2" width makes the job much easier than 4" or 6".
2. Before folding, mark the length as shown. Cut a slit on each side.
3. This is out korker box. You can use any box, cut slits in the middle.
4. We were making bows with 3" korkers. We put LEGO blocks at both 1.5" spots as "walls". Thread a piece of ribbon through the slit and lay on the bottom of the box. Fill the box up with korkers. There were 28 pieces of korkers in the box.
5. Bring around the tying ribbon on top of the korker stack. Make a knot. Then pull tying ribbon.
6. At this time, korkers can be moved out of the box.
7. Pull tying ribbon tightly, make another knot. Here is the balanced korker bow.
8. The korker bow can be attached to headbands, shirts or hair clips. Please follow the instruction below to attach the bow to a clip. The tying ribbon is used to wrap around the clips.
Click Here for mini korker clip instructions.
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 11 July, 2009.