hip girl boutique free instructions--no sew tutu instructions
I made this pink tutu for my daughter. Would like to share my experience.
1. Supplies. Tulle and elastic and tools. I bought a 65yd x 6" roll of tulle. Cut the full roll but only used about half. Cut 1" no roll elastic, fit comfortably around child's waist plus 1" for overlap. Sew the ends of the elastic together.
2. I was making a 10" long tutu. I found a book measures 10" long and wrapped the tulle on the book. The book can be replaced by a piece of corrugated pad.
3. Cut at one end of the book. Trim the edge if neccesory.
4. Use a box to tie the tulle stripes on elastic. Important: do not stretch the elastic. I made this mistake and ended up to use a much smaller box and re-do everything.
5. Tie tulle stripes on the elastic as shown.
6. Move finished part to side of the box, repeat until all covered.
7. The last step is supposed to wrap the satin ribbon around each knot. I tried and tried and tried but couldn't make it look pretty. So this is the work around: use 1.5" double ruffle ribbon to wrap several knots at a time.
8. Leave about 9" ruffle ribbon and make a knot. Sew a several stitch to secure the ribbon if you like.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 27 November, 2009.