When making 3.5" or larger korker bows, it's easy to just tie the korkers together. Here is the free tutorial: How To Make Korker Hair Bows Using A Korker Box. This method is not suitable for mini korkers because the korker pieces will run all over the place.
For mini korker pieces, we posted a simple tutorial to make mini korker clips: How To Make Mini Ribbon Korker Hair Bow Clips
In this tutorial, we will show you how to make full mini korker hair bows like this.
1. What we need: 14pc mini korkers (about 2.25-2.5"). We are using our Hip Girl Korkers. 1pc each color is enough for 2 bows. We're going to use the korkers from bottom to top.
2. Pull korker straight on a metal ruler. Use wood burning tool to cut and seal at the same time. We'll get 2.25-2.5" long korkers.
3. Take 1st korker, pull straight, use clips to secure the ends (so both hands free). A little bit hot glue in center. Pull straight the 2nd korker and glue it on first one as shown.
4. Again, secure 2nd korker's ends using clips, apply hot glue in center, glue 3rd pc on as shown.
5. Repeat the steps above. The pictures of each step are shown below. Basically, balance all the korker pieces as flower petals.
6. Finally we are done. Remove all the clips, fluff the korkers up. Here's the full, lovely mini korker bow.
7. Back view
8. Glue the bow on lined alligator clips.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 29 July, 2010.