how to compress files
* To compress a file or folder.
1. Locate the file or folder that you want to compress using Windows Explorer.
2. Select (highlight) all the files you want to compress by holding "ctrl" and clicking the files one by one.
3. Right click any of the selected files or folder, point to Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4. A new compressed folder is created. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.
** To extract files or folders from a compressed folder
Locate the compressed folder that you want to extract files or folders from.
- Do one of the following:
- To extract a single file or folder, double-click the compressed folder to open it. Then, drag the file or folder from the compressed folder to a new location.
- To extract the entire contents of the compressed folder, right-click the folder, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 11 August, 2010.