home made fabric stiffener
Make your own fabric stiffener.
1. 1 table spoon potato starch (better than the corn starch) in 3 cups water.
2. Heat in a sauce pan, and while stirring to keep it from settling out. Bring to a boil. Pour back to the cup. Let it cool for a while. Looks like this:
3. Now we have fabric stiffener, let's continue with our project--perfect shape hair bows, all day long. Use spray bottle, spray the hair bows generously; Shape the bow as you want; Leave it dry overnight.
4. Before--loops are together.
5. All wet.
6. Blow it dry if you can't wait :)
7. Discard any stiffener left in the spray bottle. Pour water in and spray 10-20 times to prevent from nozzle clogging. Store the fabric stiffener in refrigerator. Discard after 5 days.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 27 October, 2010.