hip girl boutique free instructions
Click Here to view other korker free instructions.
1. Most korkers are made of 3/8" grosgrain ribbon wrapped on 1/4" dowel. We did a test on different sizes and materials. In image below, a) 3/8" metallic ribbon on 1/4" dowel, b) 5/8" ribbon on 1/2" dowel, c) 1/8" ribbon on 1/4" dowel.
Some tips about baking korkers.
a) bake at 250 degree for 25 minutes. Then unwrap the end to check if it's done. Give it more time if not.
b) separate dark color and light color. Light color ribbon need more time than dark ones.
c) metallic ribbon requires less time.
d) ribbon wrapped on 1/2" dowel needs more time.
e) red/white dots, the red might bleed into white. try less time and use fabric stiffener.
2. At first, we cut 1/8" ribbon korkers at 2" but found it was too long to keep the shape. So we trimmed every piece to 8 loops (about 1.75"). We have 11pc hot pink and 9pc apple green. Just pick up pieces one by one, put them together and hold at center. At last, use clips to help secure all the pieces.
3. Wrap the center and make a knot.
4. Tini korker bow we got.
5. Move on to giant korker pieces. We cut 5/8" ribbon korkers to 3-3.5" pieces. There're 11pc pink and 5pc dots in this test.
6. Simply stack pink/dots/pink together and wrap the center. Or you can use a korker box.
7. Here's what we got.
8. Comparing the size with our 2.5" Mini Korker Bows ( blue one).
9. Next tried to mix metallic korker with grosgrain korkers.
10. What we got.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 24 November, 2010.